Hey Veggie Lovers!
Here is another Japanese style salad for ya!
Serve as a light meal on its own or go ahead and add some protein: Ebi would be great (chilled prawns), or Chicken Karaage (Japanese fried chicken), or soft tofu, or some Sockeye salmon or tuna sashimi!!! Whatever pleases you. I was just not that hungry tonight so I just had it as is.
You could also serve as a side dish to your favorite Japanese main dish: Chicken or Tofu Katsu Curry would be yummy with this mmmmm…
ENJOY…. and EXPERIMENT with it!
What You Need
Really you can use whatever you like and/or what looks good in the produce aisle/market. But this is what I went for this time around!
- Avocado slices
- Mixed greens and spinach (washed and spun dry)
- Golden beet (peeled and julienned)
- Rainbow carrots (peeled and julienned)
- English cucumber slices
- Orange bell pepper slices
- Toasted sesame seeds
Dressing: (amounts are approx please adjust to your taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds (Japanese style)
- 1 large or 2 small garlic gloves
- Knob of ginger (about 1 1/2 inches peeled)
- Splash of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- Dash white pepper
Put everything in a container large enough to use a hand blender or put into a standard blender and blend til smooth.