I’m too lazy to say much. Here is the recipe 😛
- Jalepeno Jack shredded
- 1 can organic BPA free black beans (soaked for at least 10 mins, drained, rinsed, pat dry)
- Pickled jalepeno slices (drained)
- Yellow bell pepper diced (pat dry)
- Tri-colour tortilla chips
Put a little cheese on chips. Put stuff on cheese. Top with more cheese. Bake in oven til melty and warm.
NOTE: If I wasn’t being lazy I would probably add some olives, diced red onion, and then some salsa and sour cream mixed with Ranchera sauce or chipotle hot sauce on the side. I would also soak dried beans and cook them from scratch rather than use canned. If I was feeling meaty I would add some taco seasoned elk / bison / beef or pulled chicken. But these are lazy nachos so I won’t ;P And if you are feeling extra lazy skip the bell pepper and even the jalepenos. You will definitely want the beans though so you are getting some actual nutrition i.e. protein/iron etc. And black beans and guac taste awesome together.
My Favorite Guac: (seasoning amounts were eyeballed so just do to taste – but don’t over citrus! I think a lot of people over citrus their guac. I don’t like a sour guac – I like to taste the creaminess of the avocado)
- 4 avocados (I make a lot especially when I am not doing the whole salsa/sour cream thing)
- A few squeezes of lemon juice (I like to do this in a cup first to pick out the seeds)
- Dash smoked salt (or sea or himalayan if you don’t have smoked)
- A few turns of cracked pepper
- Small amount of diced red onion
- A drizzle of olive oil ( I know it sounds weird but trust me on this)
- Tiny dash of cumin (OPTIONAL: I know some peeps can’t stand cumin in guacamole)
Use a hand blender and blend til smooth. If you don’t like smooth guac then make sure the onion is finely minced and mash til you are happy with it.
NOTE: Sometimes I add a dash of green hot sauce (jalepeno) or sometimes I use lime instead of lemon, and garlic instead of onion etc. But I truly love lemon and red onion the best.
For increased laziness you can sub dried onion flakes, skip the cumin, black pepper and olive oil. But you definitely want a little salt, onion and lemon. Otherwise it’s just mashed avocado. Which is fine too but I wouldn’t call that guacamole and I would probably just top my lazy ‘chos with slices of avocado – that would be even lazier. Mmmm couch, sit, eat, good… Oh my… I think I am possessed by HOMER. Help!
NOTE ON RIPENING AVOCADOS: Stick them underneath a bunch of bananas in your fruit bowl, or in a brown bag with a banana. For some reason the gases released by bananas ripen avocados more quickly.